Section 11. 1. A passenger on an amusement ride shall, at a minimum:
(1) Obey the reasonable safety rules posted in accordance with sections 2 to 12 of this act and oral instructions for an amusement ride issued by the amusement owner or such owner's employee or agent, unless:
(a) The safety rules are contrary to sections 2 to 12 of this act; or
(b) The oral instructions are contrary to sections 2 to 12 of this act or the safety rules; and
(2) Refrain from acting in any manner that may cause or contribute to injuring such passenger or others, including:
(a) Interfering with safe operation of the amusement ride;
(b) Not engaging any safety devices that are provided;
(c) Disconnecting or disabling a safety device except at the express instruction of the operator;
(d) Altering or enhancing the intended speed, course or direction of an amusement ride;
(e) Extending arms and legs beyond the carrier or seating area except at the express direction of the ride operator;
(f) Throwing, dropping or expelling an object from or toward an amusement ride;
(g) Getting on or off an amusement ride except at the designated time and area, if any, at the direction of the ride operator, or in an emergency; and
(h) Unreasonably controlling the speed or direction of such passenger or an amusement ride that requires the passenger to control or direct himself or herself or a device.
2. Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
Section 12. An amusement ride passenger shall not get on or attempt to get on an amusement ride unless the passenger reasonably determines that, at a minimum, he or she:
(1) Has sufficient knowledge to use, get on or get off the amusement ride safely without instruction or has requested and received before getting on the ride sufficient information to get on, use or get off safely;
(2) Has located, reviewed and understood any signs in the vicinity of the ride and has satisfied any posted height, medical or other restrictions and abided by all rules, regulations and restrictions;
(3) Is not under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to safely use the amusement ride or obey the posted rules or oral instructions; and
(4) Is authorized by the amusement owner or such owner's authorized servant, agent or employee to get on the amusement ride.