Vermont Secretary of State, Corporations Division

Secretary of State, Corporations Division
Overview of Amusement Ride Regulation
Regulation Type: 
No state government safety oversight, but rides must carry insurance
Inspection Program: 

Ride owners are required by law to carry liability insurance, and the insurance company may require inspections. State law does not explicitly require that rides be inspected.

Investigative Authority: 

State is not authorized to investigate serious accidents.

Reporting Criteria: 

Accidents are not reported to any public safety authority.

Special Conditions: 

Vermont requires owners to purchase liability insurance and pay a licensing fee. The state does not monitor safety of rides.

Date of last update: 
September 16, 2008